Meet Our Doctor
ANTHONY W. D. CAREY, M.D.
DATE & PLACE OF BIRTH: May 12th, 1956 in Nassau, Bahamas
- 1967 – 1973 High School diploma, Queen’s College, Nassau, Bahamas.
- 1974 – 1978 Bachelor with major in Biology and minor in Chemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida.
- 1981 – 1982 Bachelor in Psychology, Cum Laude, F.S.U., Tallahassee, Florida.
- 1982 – 1986 Doctor of Medicine, University of Miami School, Miami, Florida.
- 1986 – 1989 Obstetrics & Gynecology Resident, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital Medical Center, Miami, Florida.
- 1989 – 1990 Obstetrics & Gynecology Chief Resident, UM/JMH Medical Centre Miami, Florida
- 2010 – Present Physician representative member Bahamas Pharmacy Council
- 2007 – Established IVF Bahamas Ltd., – the first IVF program in The Bahamas
- 1990 – present Solo Private Practice, The Health Centre For Women Obstetrics, Gynecology, Infertility and Endoscopy
- 1990 – 1995 Assistant Clinical Professor and Attending UM/JMH Medical Centre, OB/GYN Department, Miami, Florida
- 1992 – 1993 Assistant Director OB/GYN Department Doctor’s Hospital, Nassau, Bahamas
- Rhodopsin Photochemistry, F.S.U.
- Verapamil and ATP-MgC12 therapy in hemorrhagic shock, UM
- Fellow American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1992
- Diplomate American Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, 1989
- Outstanding Teacher as Chief Resident, 1990
- Accredited in advanced operative laparoscopy and advanced operative hysteroscopy by The Accreditation Council For Gynecologic Endoscopy
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Association of Gynecological Laparoscopists
- Medical Association of The Bahamas
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- The Commonwealth of The Bahamas
- The State of Florida